Copper Development Association is offering free CPD-accredited technical seminars to provide engineers with a unique opportunity to overview the behaviour of copper-based alloys, stainless steels and nickel alloys in the marine environment.
The event—jointly sponsored by CDA and Nickel Institute—is aimed at anyone involved in the design, specification, fabrication or operation of materials in contact with seawater and the marine environment, in industries such as wave and tidal energy, offshore wind energy, offshore oil and gas, and ship building and repair.
Accredited for two hours of CPD by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, the seminars are held in-house at the hosting company and offer the following:
- An understanding of the corrosion behaviour of copper-nickels and other copper-based alloys, stainless steels and high nickel alloys.
- An awareness of the biofouling resistance of copper alloys in marine applications.
- An understanding of the design, fabrication and commissioning issues for long service life.
- A unique opportunity to meet leading industry experts and discuss your material issues.
- A free literature pack covering design, properties and applications.
The event can be tailored to suit a particular company’s needs, containing some or all of a variety of themed presentations. Time can also be allowed for the discussion of company-specific issues with a particular expert or experts.
To discuss your requirements, email email@example.com. Please note a minimum of six attendees are required in order to book.
For more information—including a list of available presentations—visit www.copperalliance.org.uk/cpd.
Visit www.coppernickel.org for more information on copper-nickels, with a focus on their use in the marine environment.