Two leading trade associations have combined forces to offer tailored in-house technical workshops to those needing to better understand the behaviour of copper-based alloys, stainless steels and nickel alloys in marine environments.
Copper Development Association and Nickel Institute have developed a series of technical presentations aimed at engineers involved in the design, specification, fabrication or operation of materials in contact with seawater, in industries such as wave and tidal energy, offshore wind energy, offshore oil and gas, and ship building and repair.
The presentations are delivered by technical experts with many years of practical and technical experience between them, and offer the following:
- An understanding of the corrosion behaviour of copper-nickels and other copper-based alloys, stainless steels and high nickel alloys.
- An awareness of the biofouling resistance of copper alloys in marine applications.
- An understanding of the design, fabrication and commissioning tips for long service life.
- A unique opportunity to meet leading industry experts and discuss your material issues.
- A literature pack covering design, properties and applications.
The event can be tailored to suit a company’s needs, with a ‘pick ‘n mix’ menu from which to select. From past experience, these workshops provide an ideal opportunity to raise any specific issues or burning questions with the experts, confidentially, as well as updating knowledge. The presentation material is accredited for CPD by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining.
For more information—including a list of available presentations—visit